Welcome

About Me

Hello, my name is Yutong Zhu. I’m currently studying Mathematics at the University of Victoria.  I’m an international student who comes from Beijing which is the capital of China. I have just returned to Beijing to visit my family, and I was scheduled to do some internship work this summer. However, due to the further spread of Covid-19 in Beijing, most of the companies were temporarily closed and I recently had to do some self-study at home. 

It has been my last year at university, and I have benefited a lot from the time I have been studying at the university. After I finish my undergraduate degree, I plan to try to apply for a work visa so that I can get a job in Canada. Although I am also considering pursuing my master’s degree, it is not a disadvantage to have some experience in the workplace in advance. Speaking of work, I would like to become a data analyst in the future, I think big data is the trend of this era, and for this reason, I am also teaching myself python programming language this summer.

I also have many hobbies and interests outside of my studies. I love sports, especially playing basketball (which is not unusual for a 6’2″ person). And I love photography, especially in the summer when the scenery is increasingly beautiful. I am also the head of the Publicity Department of the UVIC CSSA (Chinese Student and Scholars Association). In this department, web design and layout are important skills, that’s why I enrolled in this course. And I really hope that I can get success and have a great time with you all in this course!!

Add yours →

1. You are so handsome! We can play basketball together when you come back.